Sunday 15 December 2013

more cool stuff from smojo

One of my other pastimes and passions is messing about with electronics. Moving on from building cigar box guitars, I started making small amplifiers to go with them. That sparked off my interest in other electronic goodies. I got into something called circuit bending where you take an electronic toy, like a child's alphabet toy and you mess about with the electronics to make the sounds different - the simplest being speeding up or slowing down the speech or music. It's a lot of fun and you can get some surprisingly interesting sounds that can be looped or put through effects pedals. I've done a few recordings using some of them and posted them on Soundcloud. Here's the link if you want to have a listen. "You remembered zero" was done using a circuit bent Speak 'n Read. "Electro Metro" and "While Giants Sleep" were done on a bent childs drivers toy.

My soundcloud music

And here's a bit of video of the circuit bent driver toy

circuit bent driver toy



No comments: